Wednesday, October 1, 2008

About me and my Dogs




'Ello there! Welcome to me blog!

My name is Meredith, I am 23 years old and currently living in East Waterboro, Maine. I started this blog to keep track the progress that my dogs and I make in all the activities that we do: agility, manners, and soon hope to start rally-o, flyball, and maybe some competition obedience.

And the introductions:

Kiba is a 4 year old, black, female, Miniature Schnauzer born on July 12th, 2oo4. She is my true heart dog, my cuddlebug, my pal. We just look at each other and know what the other is thinking (or so I think!). Though no conformation girl, her registered name is "Meredisu's Ookami Purinsesu" CL1, CL2-F.

Stryder is a 2.5 year old, black, male, Miniature Schnauzer born January 4th, 2006. He is a typical momma's boy, a goofball, just all around fun guy that LOVES to play and LOVES toys. He has so much drive it's unbelievable, well at least compared to Kiba. He is.. still in training. I hope to debut him in the early/late spring if we can get some training under our belt this winter. Another non-comformist, his registered name is "Meredisu's Samurai in Stryde".

Right now, I am only competing in CPE agility with Kiba, basically because the lower levels did not have any weave poles in them. But hopefully we can soon turn that around!

I hope anyone out there will enjoy our posts, and keep up and cheer us on when we're out there!

Run clean, Run fast, Have fun!

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Hi! Found your link on the performance schnauzer list. Your pups are so cute! I have a question : How did you get your dogs' ears to fold so nicely? I am getting a mini pup in a few weeks and want to keep her ears natural, but REALLY don't want to end up with "donkey" ears. I have scoured the internet for sites about terrier ear taping/gluing and there are many different techniques.
Thanks, Gloria

MericoX said...

Hi gloria! Actually with Kiba (the smaller one) has naturally perfect ears. Stryder's the other one with the HUGE ears. I have pictures of him as a pup with "donkey ears". If you google, there are many sites of how to tape ears, and I bet someone on the performance board will know how. I wish I had done it with him.. or cropped them as they're ginormous! Oh well... it gives him character (not like he needs anymore LOL!)